A Record of Auspicious Accounts

In the course of life, we all manage to accumulate happenings and stories, memories and opinions, and facts and lessons. Here, I plan to report these events and thoughts in my life. And share them with everyone.

Sunday, December 03, 2006

I was going to publish a one liner with hopes it would have a dramatic effect, but that would require me to say something thought provoking, emo, or both. At the moment, I am none of that.


So today I went to work. It was pregnant lady #1's last day, and I guess I will miss her. Actually, I didnt know her too well. There seem to be quite a few pregnant ladys at Jamba Juice. The other people who worked with me today was I Act Cool But Live with my Parents, Artsy Eyeliner girl, Pregnant Lady #2, Too Tall Hobbit, Maryknoll kid Look alike, Boyfriend #1, and Casey's Older Twin.

The Not-Hotsam's birthday was today and that meant he didnt work. And that's fine with me. I dont think he likes me and I dont like him very much either. I finally understand why Not-Hotsam is bitter. My dance teacher explained to us that if you get into a fight with a gay man you will lose because they have been defending themselves their whole lives. That makes sense.

Two weeks ago, I Need my 2 Packs A Day Woman had her last day since she got another job. After her shift ended, she went clubbing and came back with Casey's Older Twin and Not-Hotsam. I was suprised when she gave me a hug. Even more suprised when in that hug she collapsed and brought me with her to the floor... clearly drunk. And while this happened, Not-Hotsam was dancing to the music in the lobby. Good thing it was a slow night.

What I have noticed through out my time here at Jamba Juice is that my perspective of Jamba Juice is now different. I dont see and will ever see Jamba Juice the same way a customer does again. That illusion is gone. I think that before I used to view Jamba Juice workers as happy healthy good people. Then I got hired. New hires to the company basically equal free surveys. They suck all the information they can get about our current views on Jamba Juice and when theres nothing left, brainwash our minds with information. Then you go to your store and work. And thats where you find out it's not what you thought it was. It's not bad. Just different.


(And I didnt write this post to complain about my coworkers. I love my job. And coworkers. I really do. Work isnt terrible. The people are really fun and I love coming to work. In fact, the people are the best part about work. Yes people get pregnant. And Yes there are gay people in this world. And yes people sometimes drink or get high as well. But thats reality. And you cant just judge people on those things because theres so much more to them. )

I'm not sure if I have a point or not in this post or maybe I didnt even mean to have a point.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Jamba Juice at about 1:30 in the morning.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
These are two of my co-workers picking up the tips they spilled on the floor.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I was the only girl closing that night. This is what the boys do with the sampling trays after cleaning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home