A Record of Auspicious Accounts

In the course of life, we all manage to accumulate happenings and stories, memories and opinions, and facts and lessons. Here, I plan to report these events and thoughts in my life. And share them with everyone.

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

College, Homework, Tests, OH MY!

Welcome to my life” as a senior. Filled with college apps, essays, and no life. All this becomes your “Obsession.” “Wouldn’t it be nice” to back and redo high school all over again? After “A Hard Day’s Night”, I seem to “Crash and Burn.” I have definitely seen “Better days.” Now, “One Week” feels like “A Decade under the Influence” and every day feels like a “Bad Day”. Oh, “Say it aint so.” I think I’m in “Over my head” but I have no time to “Slow Down.

I’m “So Sick” of college applications and school mixed together. It’s seriously “A Million Ways to be Cruel.” Someone “Take Me Out!” I never get to “Come Out and Play” anymore. But, I’m pretty sure “We’re All in This Together,” ‘we’ meaning the seniors. When a parent asks another “Where is your boy tonight?” I am sure their answer will be that he’s home studying. Applying to college, you’re basically trying to tell them “This is the ‘best of me’! ‘Love me or Hate me!’” and all the while have that reality of comparing other students to yourself, thinking about “Everything I’m Not.” You better “Make Damn Sure” to check all your work before pressing that SUBMIT button.

And after all of the college apps are “Sign, Sealed, and Delivered”, it’s still not over yet, believe it or not. There’s the “Sitting, Waiting, Wishing” phase that lasts for about three or four months until that “One Sweet Day” when you figure out what school youre going to and are finally able to “Breathe.” Then you’ll have only “Title and Registration” to worry about.

But for now, until that day comes, I sit here filling out college apps and try to turn homework in on time, but sometimes “A Day Late.” I find myself constantly in the college counseling office, inquiring about the schools I applied to, beating myself up for not paying attention in class. Yes, “There’s a Class for This.” I’m pretty sure by now, when the secretaries at the desk spot me they think “Here it goes again.”

I want to toss up my “White Flag” already and I’m pretty sure when June rolls around, I’ll be “Dead on Arrival.” Next year will definitely be the “Start of Something New.” But from what I hear, getting in is half the work- staying in is harder. And until that day comes when my class is “Miles Apart,” and we have only the “Memory” of our high school years, “Sugar we’re Going Down.” Sigh. I have two tests tomorrow so I guess I’ll have to “Die another Day.


but on a lighter note, here is a picture I found from Christmas last year.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



and read my blogger in ebonics... yo.

and since i love blogging so much i made another one. for fun. go there. its me. and interesting. realllyyy. its like eating candy for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home